Building inventive technology for this diverse range of customers isn't easy. As Amazon continues to expand beyond the traditional capabilities of human resources our technology must match it - and see around corners for new possibilities. We are solving hard problems in identity, authentication, data security and privacy, recruiting, talent, growth, UX, scalability, and diversity by using cutting edge technology.
Key job responsibilities
You will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
As a software development engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
- Work with the team to help drive business decisions
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Work in an agile, customer-obsessed development environment, where you are an owner of both the process and the final product.
A day in the life
Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative services design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry. Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed. Build distributed solutions that provide candidates with a seamless experience along their assessment journey.
About the team
Amazon Assessments Hook team, part of Recruiting Engine, is building a microservices-based serverless architecture to orchestrate online assessments between the various applicant tracking systems and in-house and third-party assessment vendors. Our mission is to improve candidate experience by providing a consistent low-latency, zero downtime, secure and error-free journey into and out of assessments.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions - Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
- Experience with Node JS, Angular
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming