onsider the following problem: every day, millions of customers with unique interests and needs come to Amazon looking for products out of a catalog of over a billion items. On each page, we need to decide what content would be most helpful to customers - ranging from automated recommendations to manual merchandising to navigational or informational content, etc. What do we show to customers to help them make shopping decisions and help them discover more parts of Amazon's vast catalog.
As Amazon IN keeps expanding the breadth of offerings, we see a significant opportunity to ease the upper funnel discovery of customers and make the experience intuitive. This has been our focus area and we will further this vision to help customers easily discover, navigate, engage with and consume these offerings and make Amazon a destination of their choices. We are a full stack team working on a diverse range of products, machine learning systems, real-time, low-latency recommendation and ranking systems, building algorithms for understanding customer behavior and generating recommendations content, and as well as building customer-facing UIs through mobile shopping app . As a member of the team, you will work in a collaborative environment with a team of rock star engineers, ML scientists, and designers. You will have a unique opportunity to drive direct, measurable impact to our customers, powering features on the website generating billions of dollars of revenue each year.
About our team:
Our team has the autonomy to decide where we can have the most impact and get down to experimenting. We love metrics and the fast pace. We analyze data to uncover potential opportunities, generate hypotheses, and test them. Think of us as a SWAT team that swoops in and gets things done to improve the customer experience and increase engagement. We refuse to accept constraints, internal or external, and have a strong bias for action. We imagine, build prototypes, validate ideas, and launch follow-up experiments from the successful ones.
You are a software engineer with an interest in mobile shoping, personlization & recommendation , machine learning . You have great problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest technology and use it to help you innovate. You have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering great products.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Mobile app devlopment experince is desirable
• PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experience in e-commerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming