Take Earth's most customer-centric company. Mix in hundreds of millions of shoppers spending tens of billions of dollars annually, an exciting opportunity to build next-generation shopping experiences, Amazon's tremendous computational resources, and our extensive e-Commerce experience. What do you get? The most exciting position in the industry.
Key job responsibilities
We are seeking a talented SDE to join our Tracer team in building new business intelligence and analytics tools, and a web portal, to help product owners in our org (Personalization) understand how customers are using each of our features, how well they are working across different regions, in different product categories, and on different devices. By providing easy and intuitive access to data that shows how our features are performing, we enable product owners (Product Managers, SDMs and SDEs) to find opportunities to provide the best personalized experience for hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers.
A day in the life
We started up this team in 2020, and decided to use exclusively AWS technology for our back-end, so we're using AWS Lambda, AWS AppSync with GraphQL, S3, etc. Our front-end is built on React.
We have a daily standup in the morning, to report on what we accomplished yesterday, what we intend to accomplish today, and discuss blockers. We have bi-weekly backlog grooming and sprint retrospective, demo, and planning. We have org-wide weekly learning series, experiment design and results review, and more.
About the team
Our team is part of Amazon's Personalization organization, a high-performing group that leverages Amazon's expertise in machine learning, big data, and distributed systems to deliver the best shopping experiences for our customers. For years, Personalization has delighted customers and also revolutionized e-commerce with features such as "Customers who bought this product also bought", "Frequently bought together", "Best sellers", "Recommended for you", and "Buy it again". We are an engineer-lead, data-driven organization. Amazon's internal surveys regularly recognize us as one of the best engineering organizations to work for in the company, with visible high-impact work, low operational load, respectful work-life balance, and continual opportunity to learn and grow.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field; or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- A strong sense of curiosity and willingness to learn quickly, building knowledge and skills that this role requires.
- Experience with the Scrum methodology (or similar alternatives) for agile software development.
- Hands-on experience in cloud-based distributed software design and development, especially utilizing AWS services.
- Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming