Do you like working on cutting edge Business Intelligence solutions that involves the application of machine learning and natural language understanding extensively ? Do you want to revolutionize the way businesses develop, deploy and scale their business intelligence solutions on a large dataset using AWS cloud prowess ? Do you believe that "Data is the new oil" which acts as a fuel for analytics and artificial intelligence ? If the answer is yes - read on!
We, "AWS Quicksight Q team", are bunch of passionate engineers and designers who are determined to change the way customers interact with their data. Our mission is to build and work on next wave of innovations which we strongly view it changing BI landscape. We are a team of highly energetic and innovative engineers working on a very recently launched AWS Quicksight service called "Q" that uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML) to analyze the customer data at scale. We are looking for passionate, intelligent leaders who have a strong sense of ownership and a thoughtful engineering mind. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you're up for a challenge, we must talk.We started with a small team of builders and plan to change the way customers interact with Quicksight. It is a great time to join and grow with the team... and work hard, have fun, make history!
You must be able to:
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
- Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a micro-services architecture.
- Though having ML background is a plus, but there is ample opportunity within the team to interact with science team and understand ML infra ground up.
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry.
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
More about Q: Q is a machine learning-powered natural language capability that empowers business users to ask questions about all of their data using everyday business language and get answers in seconds. For example, users simply type "what is our year-over-year growth rate" and get an instant answer in QuickSight as a visualization.
More about Quicksight: Amazon QuickSight is revolutionizing Business Intelligence by empowering anyone to use the power of machine learning and Amazon AI to enhance their understanding of data. QuickSight can already help discover hidden insights using Anomaly Detection, enable ML-powered forecasting, and use automatic text generation generate business narratives directly from the data. But we're not stopping here, we remain with helping our customers harness the power of artificial intelligence to help them understand and visualize their data.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of software development experience in Java or C++ or C# etc.
- Practical knowledge of professional software engineering practices including the full software development life cycle, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong track record delivering high quality software on time.
- Able to work in a diverse team
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OS and distributed systems.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Deep understanding of OOP concepts, algorithms and data structures.
- Working knowledge of AWS services
- Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
- Experience with building applications involving Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) and big data processing systems preferred.
- Solid communication skills and ability to work well in a team are critical.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming