Are you looking for a job where your work can have direct and massive impact on millions of customers? Excited to join one of the newest and most exciting services? Come join our team that is building a product that will touch millions of people daily.
AWS is taking a new approach to hiring! At AWS we have streamlined our interview process to first identify whether we are a fit for you and then we will help you find the team that aligns with your experience, career path, and interests. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in AWS, but prefer a consolidated and personalized interview process. As part of this new streamlined process, you have the chance to meet folks from our growing teams, learn about impact/scope of work, and get great advice all before starting with us Day 1!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers 165+ services to enable millions of active customers across 160 Points of Presence (65 cities in 29 countries) to run virtually any cloud workload. AWS services span compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management.
On a typical day, our software development engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what AWS can really do to help developers, SREs, and business owners everywhere.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in computer science related technical discipline, Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline with 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong background in computer science basics (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven skills and a track record of delivery.
- Communication skills for both a technical and business audience.
- Experience leveraging object oriented practices in Java, etc.
- Proficient in Java, C++ and/or .Net (but don't worry, we'll train you if you meet the basic qualifications).
- Experience with designing and building large-scale systems using microservice architecture.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming