Are you interested in applying your background in application development, data mining or machine learning to massive real world data and impact the lives of millions of Amazon users? Do you like to own end-to-end business problems and directly impact the profitability of the company? Do you like to innovate and simplify? If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Promotion Analytics and Optimization Service team at Amazon.
At Selling Partner Promotions, our vision is simple - we want to run the best promotions in the industry. Through technology, we seek to constantly increase the quality of promotions - by identifying the best set of products to promote from the millions we carry; best promotion type that meets our business objectives and learning from the performance of our past promotions.
The requirement is for someone who can rigorously use state-of-the-art methods and technologies in their area of specialization. The successful candidate will (1) contribute to existing development efforts already underway by infusing their deep knowledge of their field and technical prowess, (2) identify new and promising uses of technologies that address novel problems in Promotions, and (3) connect with other teams throughout Amazon to ensure that we benefit from innovations and progress across the company. If you are an experienced software engineer with a diverse skill-set and background who enjoys building innovative systems and work with large scale data sets then we would like to chat with you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience with Amazon Web Services or equivalent
• Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL and other big data solutions
• Experience developing distributed and scalable systems
• Experience with Analytics and Machine Learning
• Exceptional problem solving ability
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming