Come build future with us! Help us shape the customer experience for millions of AWS Customers!
The Kumo team is at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. Kumo works across all AWS Customers from big & diverse enterprise's like movie streaming services and National Aeronautics and Space Administration to small customers as they move their infrastructure to the cloud. Kumo interacts with all AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, DynamoDB and others.
The AWS Kumo team is looking for software developers with experience in building real-time, scalable, distributed systems. We leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers and systems. In pursuit of that mission, we are looking for experienced software developers to help design, build, and launch these platforms. If you are intrigued, please keep reading.
The AWS Kumo Software team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of a R&D Lab, the work-life balance of a mature organization, and technical challenges at the scale of AWS. We offer a playground of opportunities for builders to build and make history! Do you: Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast services to a variety of platforms?
Additional responsibilities includes but not limited to:
• Take ownership and build high-performance systems in a complex, distributed environment
• Work on backend development using one of following frameworks: Spring, Rails or Express
• Work on frontend development or mobile application development or teams that supports development.
• Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
The positions involve some on-call responsibilities, typically each team follows a standard process to limit the on-call requirement to a minimal. One average some of the teams follow one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our teams have a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our teams are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We're looking for new teammates who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; engineers who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven track record of taking ownership and building high-performance systems in a complex, distributed environment
- Experience of backend development using one of following frameworks: Spring, Rails or Express
- Experience of frontend development or mobile application development
- Experience of Internet of Things development
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming