Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at scale. Cloud computing is disrupting, and we are eagerly seeking a talented, entrepreneurial-minded engineering leader to join us, growing our world-class teams and products as we continue to build the AWS Commerce Platform's Billing Consoles and Applications.
AWS is the largest cloud provider in the world, serving nearly a third of all internet traffic. AWS Insights sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers. Our vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of AWS computing insight, where customers can understand, control and optimize usage of AWS products. We build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers. Providing a scalable platform to support AWS' expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
You thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future. Your expertise is deep and broad; you start with the customer and work backwards to develop a coherent vision for services that support the flexibility and scale that customers expect from us. You have built and operated systems that support high-end business complexity and scale with simple and elegant solutions. You have a passion for the potential of computing to improve people's lives, and a proven track record of leading teams through complex technology delivery. And you are the technical expert that can take on architectural challenges to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and craftsmanship.
Key job responsibilities
- Own a material piece of the AWS Commerce Platform and are encouraged to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems.
- Lead talented engineering teams in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
- Grow leaders and engineers through active coaching and hiring.
- Shape the overall product experience and scope of the product through partnership and collaboration with product management, UX and product marketing.
- Drive cross-team leadership with other AWS teams to deliver platform features and cloud adoption.
- Define the system architecture and own the operational excellence and the quality of the products.
- Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a regular cadence.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Demonstrated experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or advanced degree
- Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner or similar certification
- Experience with large scale billing or e-commerce platforms including systems involving complex business logic
- Extraordinary attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience delivering products, managing budgets and rationalizing resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Experience in building and delivering full stack Enterprise software end-to-end.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming