Amazon CloudFront is a content delivery network that securely delivers videos, live streams, web content, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. Our mission is to build and operate a better and secure Internet. Our team writes software which works flawlessly for millions of transactions every second and Exabytes of data. Every day we innovate and solve problems at unprecedented scale.
This is a unique opportunity to influence AWS direction, as you own and build some of our next generation Control Plane systems - such as globally distributed databases that span thousands of nodes; and event streaming and big data processing systems that analyze petabytes each day. You will be involved in recruiting, hiring, mentoring, building a positive team culture and leading a team of experienced engineers to iteratively execute and deliver at a rapid pace. You will be connecting with customers on a regular basis, building roadmaps for the team, collaborating with the PM team and other sister teams, providing regular status updates to senior execs and demonstrating high level of creativity and right judgement.
If you are interested in living every day at the forefront of scale and cutting-edge technologies, you will enjoy Amazon CloudFront!
Why should you join us?
- It is the right time to join. We are undertaking major transformation of our Control Plane services.
- This is a unique opportunity to truly influence one of the most scalable services on earth.
- It's rare to work in a job that will have direct effect on billions of individuals, small startups up and Fortune 500 companies.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Ability to directly lead and manage junior and senior Software Engineers
- Ability to recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Engineers at different levels of experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong object oriented programming skills and knowledge of distributed systems.
- Practical experience with software engineering best practices
- Experience owning all operational metrics and operational excellence for teams' software
- Experience working on , Internet performance, or Internet security
- Track record of successfully participating in roadmap prioritization with product management; able to successfully communicate complex topics to customers and business executives alike
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming