The Fulfillment Optimization (FO) Team within Supply Chain Optimization Technologies Team (SCOT) is a critical part of the fulfillment process at Amazon. We track inventory for millions of items, manage fulfillment options, and orchestrate the fulfillment process once a customer places an order. Our software and systems are scaled to operate world-wide at sub-second latency, by processing high volume, real-time transactions on top of robust, highly distributed, asynchronous compute infrastructure. Our systems enable delivery of anything, anywhere.
We are hiring a Software Development Manager to build out and lead our software team in Vancouver. In this highly visible site role, you will partner with business teams to design and document requirements, and develop technical strategies and a software roadmap for delivery of features. You'll be responsible for a software team that delivers Fulfillment Optimization Services (FOS) roadmap features and maintains operation of a world-wide fleet of computing resources.
Check out this short video for more on SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scotBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience converting complex worldwide scale business requirements into simplified, scalable software architectures. Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills are required.
- 5+ years of experience managing software development teams, including managing the complete software development life cycle for large scale products and services, within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
- Experience conceptualizing and launching new technical solutions within a large organization.
- Experience hiring and building new technical teams from scratch, including hiring, bootstrapping new development processes, establishing quality metrics and testing methodologies, and setting up automated deployments.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills, with the ability to drive operational excellence and best practices within a larger engineering community that is working on complex technical problems.
- Experience managing technical teams across multiple geographies.
- Strong written communication skills are essential.
- Have a hands-on knowledge of Java or C/C++, and mainstream cloud computing technologies.
- Deep architectural expertise in the design of large-scale, highly available, low latency, distributed systems and software.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming