Amazon's Compensation Technology organization is the foundation behind our global compensation products and experiences. Our customers are our Amazon employees. Our Compensation systems and programs are the heartbeat which supports every single Amazonian throughout their career - from those looking for their next adventure by transferring to a new team all the way through to the Annual talent and compensation cycle experiences. We have a passion for building products and programs which build solutions that empower our employees and enable us to adapt to meet their needs, building scalable and flexible solutions. Amazon Compensation technology is continually strives to provide an unparalleled customer experience for every Amazon employee.
We are seeking a strong Sr. Program Manager who can raise the bar and lead our team - informing product strategy and helping to influence policy changes. You will press into how 'things have always been done' in order to develop the right processes and create measurable output criteria.
In this role, you will have end-to-end ownership of the program strategy and have great influence over the program goals, initiatives and execution. You will bring a big step-change to the team, defining the program structure and processes, ultimately creating the backbone to Compensation technology and supporting the largest, smartest and most demanding customers on the planet. Your role will ask you to elevate the team to be better, bolder - building business metrics to help prioritize and execute against the product visions while continuing to influence partner teams supporting Compensation goals.
You should be comfortable engaging with all types of customers and stakeholders, and effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. The technology we build is at the heart of Amazon's global compensation products, so the program you own will have cross-team and organization-wide impact. Additionally, we are a part of the Global Talent Management and Compensation , where our Compensation vision and roadmap is critical to supporting our growing, diverse population of employees, as well as powering innovation to support strategic cross-cutting organizational goals.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where delivery time for new products and features is typically measured in months, while building and executing on a long-term product vision
We are looking for strong business owners who can Think Big, Deliver Results, and leaders who are ready to make long lasting impact to Compensation technology programs.
Position is hybrid; some on-site work is required in Arlington, VA, Seattle, WA, or Vancouver, Canada.
Key job responsibilities
- Managing overarching program execution for the compensation customer experience - develop program structure and coordinate leadership reviews of critical and timely findings based on compensation product/process data and feedback. Lead cross-functional retrospectives to ensure continuous improvement.
- Executing cross organizational initiatives - define project plans, assemble resources, manage implementation activities, and develop all processes associated with program rollout and ongoing support.
- Partner closely with Product, Learning & Engagement, Compensation Consultants, tech teams, business partners and end users to engage in time to complete deliverables within their area and execute on the program.
A day in the life
This role will own defining how the program execution should work for the compensation customer experience, including establishing a regular cadence for stakeholder reviews and defining ongoing measurement and feedback mechanisms. This role is critical to ensuring the success of strategic projects supporting a rapidly growing and ever-evolving employee workforce, and will directly influence improvements of the employee experience. In this role, you will need to manage cross-functional communication, identify & mitigate risks to efficient delivery, decompose ambiguous problems into straightforward solutions, prioritize competing opportunities, and drive understanding across diverse stakeholder groups.
About the team
ACT's north star is, "We enable Amazon to realize the goal of compensation: attracting, motivating and retaining talent. We do this by providing the products and services necessary for calculating and managing every compensation change activity in the lifecycle of all global Amazon employees. We give all users a clear and consistent understanding of how compensation was calculated, how and when it can be adjusted, and the impacts of compensation adjustments. We provide the reporting, data, and insights that enables continuous evolution of compensation programs and policies."BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery
- 5+ years of experience defining and executing against program requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to deliver presentations and documents to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to measure the impact of change, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated seamless ability to work with multiple partner groups - customers, stakeholders, development teams, leadership.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive