Come and help us build systems that will empower our customers to use their petabytes of near real-time Industrial IoT data to optimize their businesses! Physical operations generate petabytes of data across increasingly dynamic processes and require 1000s of sophisticated multi-variate decisions a second. We believe that democratizing advanced process analytics and the IoT technologies that convert physical state to digital measurements, will fuel a new dynamic, diverse manufacturing sector to provide interesting jobs, products and a robust distributed economic engine.
We are seeking a Sr. Software Development Manager with industry experience who is passionate about software, customer experience, operational performance through technical innovation and solid engineering. A strong ability for diving deep technically is a plus. All of our development is very customer-centric, and you should feel strongly not only about building and releasing high-quality software, but also about making that software highly reliable and scalable. Experience with AWS, IoT, web-services, analytics, edge computing, and test frameworks will be helpful.
You should be someone with strong sense of ownership who enjoys working and having fun with people in the industry - building complex system software to deliver significant impact for the AWS IoT business.
Key job responsibilities
Our customers have challenging problems to solve in the Industrial IoT Edge space. We are building teams in Vancouver and looking for an experienced leader to build and lead those teams to deliver the next generation Industrial Edge environment. If you are passionate about building teams and software that operate in constrained environment where the challenges of CPU, memory, and I/O optimization is always at the forefront while maintaining an elegant customer experience, you could be building your dream team with us. We value our team members, we work hard to deliver customer value, work closely with our customers to make sure we deliver the right product, and we love having fun doing it.
To apply for this role, you should be passionate about growing your team, possess solid analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills. Expertise with high-performance systems or in the industrial domain is a plus. You should be comfortable building and managing teams through all phases of software development, including hiring and growing your own team of managers. You should pride yourself on bringing creative solutions to ambitious goals and ambiguous problems. If this sounds like you, come join us help AWS continue to lead the fourth industrial revolution.
A day in the life
If any of the following represent what you want to do every day, don't wait any longer to apply:
* Huge impact: Work on an offering that is used, directly by the leading companies in the industrial space
* Critical: SiteWise Edge provides Industrial customer the ability to optimize their operation and make their business successful by heling them being data driven
* Ownership: you will quickly become the owner for key components of the Industrial Edge offering (customer-experience, engineering-excellence, operational-efficiency)
* Learn: stay at the bleeding edge of new technologies, engineering practices, and learn from a team of highly-talented people fed by a constant stream of new customer problems
* Innovate: We learn from our customer use cases and invent every day.
* Make history: We are making the fourth industrial revolution a reality and we think of the next wave daily
* Have fun: Surround yourself with engineers that like to solve complex problems and also work in a fun environment
About the team
SiteWise Edge helps industrial IoT customers collect data by connecting directly to data-sources like an OPCUA server running within customer premises; applying transformation, metric computation, aggregations; storing data at the edge; routing the data based on rules and events; and sending processed data to the SiteWise cloud and other AWS services for further processing and storage. These gateways are managed by customers through the SiteWise Edge Control Plane service accessible through AWS Console, CLI and SDK. Customers can also use a local application to monitor individual SiteWise Edge devices and manage the operations of their edge workloads. As part of the team, you will collaborate with passionate people in a variety of roles to software deployed on customer premises that has to meet a high-quality bar. Your team will deliver the foundational components that allows SiteWise Edge to run in a secure, extensible, and well instrumented manner allowing customer to operate their edge workloads independently.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 10 years of software development experience, with at least 7 years managing a development teams and 2+ years managing managers
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience with more than one of Java, C/C++, Rust
• Experience leading teams designing and delivering systems level software.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with Database software or service
• MS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming