Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art Big Data, Query and Serverless systems that will make a lasting impact on technology?
We are looking for Sr. Software Development Engineers for AWS Athena who have the passion to tackle tough problems by building cutting edge serverless query engine technologies to customers around the world. Particularly we are looking for people with experience building SQL and Non-SQL database systems. R&D and developing distributed computing algorithms to process big data in a reliable and performant manner is our typical day to day.
Athena is ANSI SQL engine that works with a variety of standard data formats, including CSV, JSON, ORC, Avro, and Parquet. Athena is ideal for quick, ad-hoc querying but it can also handle complex analysis, including large joins, window functions, and arrays and everything traditional DW can do. Athena is highly available and executes queries using compute resources across multiple sites. We are used by one of the biggest names in tech and the business world for their analytics.
Key job responsibilities
Sr. SDEs at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We'll be looking at you to help:
• Decide what features to build
• Drive software engineering best practice.
• Design performant, distributed and scalable systems.
This is a senior engineering role and you'll have the opportunity to shape our product roadmap and business direction and work and consult with principal engineers who are world-class experts in the field.
About the team
We are looking for a person who likes to work hard and play hard. We strive to keep our team fast by removing overhead consistencies. We want everyone to feel included and have fun; we even do virtual happy hours during covid-19 isolation.
One of the keys to AWS's success is its top-tier growth culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS development leaders who can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with a talented team of engineers, product managers, and software managers that will push your technical abilities while you bring new innovations to a widely adopted and fast growing product.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- BS, MS in Computer Science, Applied Math or related Engineering fields with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Experience with serverless architectures
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
- Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
- Familiarity with JDBC/ODBC, SQL query processing, and distributed query engines is a plus
- Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming