Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable AWS Financial systems that drive Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
AWS Financial Technology Team is looking for a results-oriented, innovative software development engineer, who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, and enjoys problem solving within highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial decisions worth billions (USD) annually.
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Deliver a Best-in-Class customer experience by continuously building and improving platform, code and services that enable AWS Finance.
- Design and develop high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
- Build services/integration for Financial Applications.
- Design and Develop Best integration pattern for our systems. Leverage and integrate with different tools, technologies and products with in Amazon to reduce operational cost and enhance customer experience
- Partner directly with other Software Development Engineers (SDEs), Technical Program Managers, Functional Analysts and Customers to understand features and continuously identify opportunities to build and deploy software solutions
About the team
At AWS Fintech we automate the transformation of financial data into information and information into insights that AWS Finance teams can use to drive action. The automation we provide allows AWS Finance to scale through technology rather than people. For example, when you ask questions, such as how AWS decides pricing for AWS services, how does AWS knows it's revenue, or how does AWS Services know, if they are profitable, It's all through applications that our team creates. We do full stack applications to capture data, integrating with multiple financial systems, and data warehouses and using machine learning to get insights from the data.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience
- Distributed system design and development experience with demonstrable scale.
- Experience in successfully leading the building of complex software systems
- Proven object oriented design skills and developed creative scalable solutions to difficult problems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, internet security fundamentals and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- Proficiency in, at least one, modern programming language such as Scala, Java, Python
- Experience in supporting high-volume processing, high-throughput, distributed real-time systems
- Self-motivated, highly analytical, thrives when dealing with multiple tasks
- Strong sense of ownership, and time to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills
- Able to work in a diverse team
- Technologies we use: React, Python, Java, Lambda, Dynamo, Athena, EMR, Fargate and several others on the AWS stack.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces to back-end systems and all points in between
• Machine learning experience
• Strong SQL and NO-SQL database skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming