Are you an analytical problem-solver with a passion for creating a sustainable future using digital transformation?
Button is hiring a Technical Architect to join their growing team!
- You’re a natural mentor. You’re very passionate about mentorship and are confident when advising others - but that doesn’t mean that you are afraid to learn new things as well! You’re always interested in learning from your peers and expanding your knowledge base and skill set.
- You embrace quality, creativity, and constant collaboration! You love to work hard with others to create quality deliverables that are both innovative and creative in their design.
- You know your stuff on topics such as technical architecture and DevOps, but you are also curious about other areas such as data science, visualization, and GIS. You’re very open-minded and willing to learn more about areas that you aren’t as familiar with.
- You’re a people person! You have excellent communication skills and feel at ease when listening to, understanding, and explaining key concepts to others.
A Day in the Life
- Collaborate as part of an Agile team to produce deliverables in small, but consumable, increments.
- OWN the architectural development software and infrastructure.
- Act as the go-to knowledge expert for all things tech-related for our team who works to develop, implement, integrate, and maintain software projects.
- Utilize your familiarity with Agile to drive Button’s projects forward through collaborative effort, adaptative planning, and flexible responses.
- Carry out testing procedures to ensure systems are running smoothly and ensure that systems satisfy quality standards and procedures.
- Proactively find solutions to problems by anticipating where they might arise and thinking ahead of the game!
- Lead the estimation and planning of projects and provide opinion, direction, and oversight to your Agile team for effective testing.
- Share responsibility with the Product Owner for building reusable and scalable components
- Challenge the status quo and seek new and better ways of solving technical problems
- Create design artifacts, lead reviews, document decisions.
What You Bring to the Table
- You’ll have 5+ years of experience working on deployment teams throughout the project lifecycle, ideally using Agile development techniques
- A post-secondary degree or certificate in Computer Science or related field.
- A passion for technical architecture in a software development environment with relevant demonstrated experience.
- A magic touch when it comes to development using a System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) – you’re familiar with ALL the SDLC aspects!
- A strong interest in mentoring Agile teams with proven experience supervising team members and providing them with the technical advice required to excel in their roles.
- Excellent comprehension of how to plan and implement software projects, both big and small.
- A clear sense of how to transform technical knowledge and information into easy-to-understand language for the
- Working knowledge of DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with the ability to build and foster relationships with business partners, project stakeholders, and strategic technology partners.
- Experience with creating dataflows, component diagrams, context diagrams, and HL architecture diagrams.
- And, last but CERTAINLY not least, you bring a passion for the impact-driven mission and vision of Button! You’re ready to dive into things and learn!
- Button’s team is integral to our efforts of creating a sustainable future using digital transformation. As you embrace this exciting opportunity to foster community connection, you can also expect:
- Work-life balance and employee wellbeing are a value of ours! We provide employees with 25 days of paid time-off and a competitive compensation plan.
- Prioritization of the wellbeing of our employees and their families with a generous benefits package and health spending account!
- A commitment to continuous learning and growth opportunities to help you realize your professional and personal goals.
- Friday Socials, Wellness Wednesdays, and birthday treats to celebrate your special day as a must-have for us. We like each other – a lot!
- A collaborative, inclusive, and positive work culture that praises flexible remote work -- you make your hours, as long as you’re able to meet with the team on PST time.
Since 2018, Button has been building reliable technology for government with the goal of creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. Our agile, multi-disciplinary team works on truly impactful technology projects – from emissions reporting for climate action to creating solutions for managing a global pandemic. We create secure, easy-to-use systems that maximize citizen impact. We are passionate about creating stronger communities through technology, and have our sights set on expanding across Canada in 2021 and beyond.
Button is fully remote. As such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. Preference may be given to candidates in Victoria or Vancouver, BC. Must have a Canadian Work Permit.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.
Sound like something you could get behind? Excited to drive real, sustainable change?
Apply today with your resume and cover letter!
Software and Programming