Location:Corman Park, SK
Position: Full-Time Permanent
Posting Closing Date: April 12, 2022
The Youth Care Leader provides leadership, continuity, and expertise to the team and participants during the day-to-day operations of the group living environment. The Youth Care Leader provides expertise in the development and implementation of activity plans, promotes online decision making, and provides positive role modeling in a therapeutic, stable, and safe environment. The Youth Care Leader provides care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues. The Youth Care Leader is involved in the implementation of the participants' treatment plan and in meeting the participants emotional and physical needs. Education and Professional Certification
- A certificate, diploma, or degree in child and youth care (CYC) or in a related field of study.
Skills and Characteristics
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with children, youth, and/or adults with behavioural, cognitive, mental health, and/or developmental challenges.
- Experience providing leadership, guidance, and support in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities Services
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form genuine relationships.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to role-model, motivate, coach, mentor, and support others.
- Knowledge of the issues that bring clients to Ranch Ehrlo Society.
- Outgoing personality with interests that can be used to engage participants (i.e. outdoors, arts, sports, etc.).
- Emotional competence and self awareness.
- Ability to display empathy, patience, and understanding in day-to-day interactions.
- Demonstrated mastery of behaviour management and support methods.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and oral communication with effective presentation skills.
- Innovative activity planning and programming skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to set clear, attainable goals.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations.
- Understands budget and allocation of resources.
- Open to continuous education and learning and development opportunities.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Provide care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues.
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic milieu.
- Lead the development and implementation of activity plans.
- Engage and fully participate with the participants.
- Provide observations to clinical professionals and unit managers regarding treatment plans, goal setting, life skills, and/or social development groups.
- Participate in team meetings and discussions.
- Lead daily group meetings and facilitate educational groups.
- Support the participant's needs including: safety, treatment, medication administration, healthcare, nutrition, chores, and hygiene.
- Teach participants life skills such as self care, cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and positive interactions.
- Resolve conflicts and respond to crisis situations using behavioural management and support methods including conflict resolution, crisis management, and life space interviewing.
- Complete reports and documentation clearly, accurately, in a timely manner, and within agency standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Management of Resources
- Provide leadership and support to the team, potential employees, practicum students, and volunteers as directed by the unit manager.
- Work with team members to create a positive and productive work environment.
- Display positive role modelling, agency values, and fairness.
- Collaborate with and communicate to the multidisciplinary team when required.
- Responsible for decisions, in the absence of the unit manager, regarding participants' supervision, subgroup composition, and task assignments for the team.
- Provide input into the operational budget and the unit's capital plan.
- Submit receipts and reconcile expenses for unit manager approved expenditures.
- Ensure vehicle log is completed accurately and that the vehicle log and gas receipts are submitted daily.
- Ensure care, cleanliness, and maintenance of assigned assets and resources including; building(s), vehicles(s), furnishings, and equipment.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
The incumbent is responsible for completing all mandatory training requirements for the position as per agency policy and guidelines.
In accordance with the agency's COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Policy, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination status.
Employees must hold a class five (5) novice two (2) or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
Wage range for this position is $27.13 to $35.08 . If you have any question, please contact Sarah Ovens at306-659-3123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Training